Construction Project Engineer
- Post Date:September 16, 2023
- Apply Before: January 16, 2029
- Views 83
- Offered Salary Depends on ExperienceCareer Level OfficerExperience 2 Years
- INDUSTRY ConstructionQualification Bachelor Degree
Reno, Nevada 89501, USA.
Are you a dynamic Construction Project Engineer with a knack for managing projects from inception to completion? We’re on the lookout for an adept individual to ensure seamless progress within budget and schedule.
- Conduct daily meetings with project subcontractors/crews to review production schedules and verify the availability of all necessary materials, equipment, and resources to maintain progress on schedule and within budget.
- Collect, coordinate, and analyze shop drawings, design specifications, material requirements, and project data throughout the project’s duration to ensure compliance with quality and contract specifications.
- Provide technical input for project work plans and scheduling, identifying elements of production, materials, equipment, or processes that could pose a risk to the budget or schedule.
- Evaluate daily production, schedule, and budget projections to accurately track project performance. Document daily activities using Company-approved methods and technologies.
- Notify team members and managers of any significant schedule changes and recommend solutions for management consideration.
- Submit accurate project quantity input and controls using assigned project cost coding to ensure precise reporting of project financials. Collaborate with Company finance and accounting teams regarding employee time, materials, equipment, and subcontractor needs.
- Review and approve daily timecards for all Company construction crews. Work with the Office Manager, payroll, and job construction supervisors to address timecard inquiries, as needed.
- Review project specifications for quality assurance at the beginning of work, during the project, and after completion. Initiate and manage appropriate certificates, inspections, and other documentation regarding construction production on the project site.
- Collaborate with construction crews and engineering leaders to plan field layout on the project site, ensuring appropriate utility and commercial lines are marked before production begins. Initiate and manage any permits needed before work can commence.
- Conduct required Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) to ensure a safe and compliant work environment for all construction personnel. Attend weekly safety meetings with the field team and project leadership; present field analysis as needed.
- Assist the estimating team with project schedules and provide technical input as needed.
- Contribute to the development of design drawings and provide technical input, as needed.
- Coordinate subcontractor work methods, schedules, and crews as necessary.
- Reconcile job close-out checklists with designers and subcontractors at the end of the project.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Company values and strategic plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years of construction engineering, scheduling, or design experience required.
- Intermediate knowledge of cost coding, cost savings, budget, and other project-related financial implications required.
- Intermediate knowledge of scheduling processes and industry best practices.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills, with a proven ability to build positive relationships towards a common goal.
- Knowledge of construction equipment, techniques, drawing specifications, building materials, and relevant standards applicable to the project.
- Ability to assume responsibility, effectively interface, and communicate with others.
- Efficiently manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated self-starter and self-motivated learner.
- Knowledge of construction scheduling and production time management preferred.
- Construction engineering experience or knowledge required.