Mechanical Construction Superintendent
- Post Date:September 15, 2023
- Apply Before: March 16, 2029
- Views 81
- Offered Salary Depends on ExperienceCareer Level ManagerExperience 5 Years
- INDUSTRY ConstructionQualification Bachelor Degree
Are you a seasoned leader in mechanical construction, skilled in projects from blueprint to reality? We’re seeking a Mechanical Construction Superintendent to ensure seamless compliance with contract specifications and drawings.
– Supervise assigned project work, acting as the crucial link between engineering, estimation, and the workforce.
– Plan work methods, materials, equipment needs, and schedules for the designated project. Regularly review daily schedules with team members and incorporate project feedback into the weekly plan.
– Interpret project specifications and support job setup activities. Collaborate with work crews, field engineers, design engineers, local utility companies, and statutory agencies to safely manage piping scopes on the job site.
– Forecast the work schedule to proactively identify and address potential production issues, providing technical or scheduling recommendations.
– Offer technical input to identify and resolve project risks, covering construction methods, work plans, material needs, safety, and scheduling. Maintain comprehensive documentation using approved company methods.
– Conduct additional assignments as directed by management.
– Present production work plans during initial project meetings to ensure alignment among all project crews and leaders.
– Coordinate with internal equipment teams and external vendors to ensure that project work is equipped with the necessary resources to stay within budget and schedule.
– Manage the construction of complex mechanical equipment (such as fans, process equipment) and HVAC scopes within treatment/process plant environments.
– Coordinate with internal and external departments to ensure all mandated inspections are completed within the specified timeframes.
– Advocate for strict adherence to safety and process controls related to equipment operation, worksite safety, and documentation. Recommend training needs identified on the job site.
– Supervise subcontractor production and workforce regarding assigned project work. Make recommendations for adjustments to work schedules or methods regarding subcontractor activities, as needed.
– Coordinate project closeout activities in accordance with company standards and AHJ checklist requirements.
– Maintain a deep understanding of company values and strategic goals.
– Minimum of 5 years of mechanical equipment and HVAC construction experience, with a preference for experience in manufacturing and/or process plant construction.
– Over 3 years of construction/field management experience.
– Bachelor’s Degree is a plus.
– Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) certification is preferred.
– Valid Driver’s License.
– OSHA 30hr certification is required.
– Experience with 3D model reviews, Navisworks, and clash reviews is advantageous. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
– Advanced knowledge of construction site equipment operation and maintenance requirements.
– In-depth understanding of construction site safety protocols with a proven ability to enforce project safety programs.
– Familiarity with local union or prevailing wage rules, if applicable.
– Ability to read, analyze, and interpret standards, as well as contract-specific plans and specifications.
– Proficiency in applying mathematical concepts and problem-solving skills to practical situations.