General Site Superintendent
- Post Date:September 15, 2023
- Apply Before: September 15, 2028
- Views 72
- Offered Salary Depends on ExperienceCareer Level ManagerExperience 8 Years +
- INDUSTRY ConstructionQualification Bachelor Degree
Are you ready to take charge of on-site operations, ensuring seamless coordination between engineering, estimating, and the workforce? We’re seeking a General Site Superintendent to guarantee project adherence to contract specifications and drawings.
– Oversee all field activities, acting as a vital link between engineering, estimation, and the workforce to guarantee compliance with project specifications.
– Directly manage all superintendents and field operations on the project, ensuring precision and efficiency.
– Coordinate construction activities to align safely with project schedules.
– Manage site logistics, including deliveries, site operations, coordination with adjacent projects, and field operations.
– Strategize work methods, materials, equipment needs, and project schedules. Review daily schedules with team members and adjust weekly plans based on project feedback.
– Interpret project specifications and support job setup activities. Collaborate with work crews, field engineers, design engineers, utility companies, and local agencies to ensure safe management of piping scopes on-site.
– Forecast work schedules to identify potential issues and provide technical or scheduling recommendations to address production challenges.
– Offer technical insights to identify and mitigate project risks, covering construction methods, work plans, material needs, safety, and scheduling. Document daily activities and meeting notes using approved company methods.
– Perform additional tasks as directed by management.
– Present production plans during initial project meetings to align all crews and leaders.
– Collaborate with internal equipment teams and external vendors to ensure projects are equipped with the necessary resources to stay within budget and schedule.
– Oversee the construction of complex piping scopes within treatment/process plant environments.
– Coordinate with internal and external departments to ensure all mandated inspections are completed within specified timeframes.
– Champion strict adherence to safety protocols and process controls related to equipment operation, worksite safety, and documentation. Recommend training needs identified on the job site.
– Supervise subcontractor production and workforce for assigned project work. Make recommendations for adjustments to work schedules or methods regarding subcontractor activities, as needed.
– Coordinate project closeout activities in accordance with company standards and AHJ checklist requirements.
– Maintain a strong understanding of company values and strategic goals.
– Minimum of 15 years of mechanical piping construction experience, preferably with a background in treatment, manufacturing, and/or process plant construction.
– Over 10 years of management experience.
– Bachelor’s Degree is a plus.
– Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) certification is preferred.
– Valid Driver’s License.
– OSHA 30hr certification is a plus.
– Experience with 3D model reviews, Navisworks, and clash reviews is advantageous.
– Advanced knowledge of construction site equipment operation and maintenance requirements.
– In-depth understanding of construction site safety protocols with a proven ability to enforce project safety programs.
– Familiarity with local union or prevailing wage rules, if applicable.
– Ability to read, analyze, and interpret standards, as well as contract-specific plans and specifications.
– Proficiency in applying mathematical concepts and problem-solving skills to practical situations.