Mechanical Piping Construction Superintendent
- Post Date:September 15, 2023
- Apply Before: November 16, 2028
- Views 68
- Offered Salary Depends on ExperienceCareer Level ManagerExperience 5 Years
- INDUSTRY ConstructionQualification Bachelor Degree
Are you an experienced leader in mechanical piping construction, adept at ensuring projects adhere to contract specifications and drawings? We’re seeking a Mechanical Piping Construction Superintendent to drive excellence in project execution.
– Supervise assigned project work, acting as the vital link between engineering, estimation, and the workforce, ensuring compliance with contract specifications.
– Develop work methods, manage materials, equipment requirements, and project schedules. Review daily work plans with team members and incorporate project feedback into the weekly schedule.
– Interpret and apply project specifications to support job setup activities. Collaborate with work crews, field engineers, design engineers, local utility companies, and statutory agencies to safely manage piping scopes on-site.
– Proactively forecast work schedules to identify potential issues and provide technical or scheduling recommendations to address production challenges.
– Offer technical input to identify and mitigate project risks, covering construction methods, work plans, material needs, safety, and scheduling. Maintain detailed documentation using approved company methods.
– Perform additional assignments as directed by management.
– Present production work plans during initial project meetings to ensure alignment among all project crews and leaders.
– Coordinate with internal equipment teams and external vendors to ensure that project work is equipped with the necessary resources to stay within budget and schedule.
– Manage the construction of complex piping scopes within treatment/process plant environments.
– Coordinate with internal and external departments to ensure all mandated inspections are completed within the specified timeframes.
– Advocate for strict adherence to safety and process controls related to equipment operation, worksite safety, and documentation. Recommend training needs identified on the job site.
– Supervise subcontractor production and workforce regarding assigned project work. Make recommendations for adjustments to work schedules or methods regarding subcontractor activities, as needed.
– Coordinate project closeout activities in accordance with company standards and AHJ checklist requirements.
– Maintain a deep understanding of company values and strategic goals.
– Minimum of 5 years of mechanical piping construction experience, with a preference for experience in manufacturing and/or process plant construction.
– Over 3 years of construction management experience.
– Bachelor’s Degree is a plus.
– OSHA 30hr certification preferred.
– Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) certification is advantageous.
– Experience with 3D model reviews, Navisworks, and clash reviews is preferred.
– Valid Driver’s License.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
– Advanced knowledge of construction site equipment operation and maintenance requirements.
– In-depth understanding of construction site safety protocols with a proven ability to enforce project safety programs.
– Familiarity with local union or prevailing wage rules, if applicable.
– Ability to read, analyze, and interpret standards, as well as contract-specific plans and specifications.
– Proficiency in applying mathematical concepts and problem-solving skills to practical situations.