Electrical Construction Superintendent
- Post Date:September 15, 2023
- Apply Before: September 16, 2028
- Views 75
- Offered Salary Depends on ExperienceCareer Level ManagerExperience 5 Years
- INDUSTRY ConstructionQualification Bachelor Degree
Are you a seasoned professional in electrical construction, ready to lead with expertise? We’re seeking an Electrical Construction Superintendent to oversee projects, ensuring precision and compliance with contract specifications.
- Supervise assigned project work, acting as the vital link between engineering, estimating, and the workforce to guarantee adherence to contract drawings and specifications.
- Plan work methods, material procurement, equipment requirements, and establish work schedules for the designated project. Conduct daily reviews with direct reports and update the weekly schedule based on project feedback.
- Thoroughly grasp and interpret project specifications to facilitate efficient job set-up activities. Collaborate with work crews, field engineers, design engineers, local utility companies, and relevant statutory agencies to ensure safe management of electrical scopes on-site.
- Forecast the work schedule to proactively identify potential issues and provide technical or scheduling recommendations to address production concerns.
- Offer technical input to identify and resolve project risks related to construction methods, work plans, material requisites, safety protocols, and scheduling activities. Maintain comprehensive documentation of daily activities and meeting notes using Company-approved methods.
- Execute additional assignments as directed by management.
- Present the production work plan during the initial project meeting to align all project crews and leaders.
- Coordinate with internal equipment teams and external vendors to ensure that the project site is equipped with the necessary materials and quantities, adhering to the assigned budget and schedule.
- Manage the construction of intricate low, medium, and high voltage systems, including control scopes, within a treatment/process plant environment.
- Ensure all mandated inspections are completed within specified timeframes by collaborating with internal and external departments.
- Advocate for and uphold strict adherence to safety and process controls concerning operating electrical equipment, transformers, generators, and general worksite safety. Additionally, identify and recommend training needs identified on-site.
- Supervise sub-contractor production and workforce for the assigned project. Recommend adjustments to work schedules or methods regarding sub-contractor activities, as required.
- Coordinate project closeout activities in accordance with Company standards and AHJ checklist requirements.
- Maintain a profound understanding of Company values and strategic objectives.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial electrical construction is required. Experience in manufacturing and/or process plant construction is preferred.
- 3+ years of construction management experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is a plus.
- Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) certification is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- OSHA 30-hour certification is preferred.
- Experience with 3D model reviews, Navisworks, and clash reviews is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Advanced knowledge of construction site electrical gear, equipment, controls, and systems.
- Proficiency in construction site safety protocols and a proven ability to enforce project safety programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of local union or prevailing wage rules, if applicable.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret standards and contract specific plans and specifications.
- Proficiency in mathematical concepts such as probability, statistics, and fundamentals of geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.